Students at Marymount University in Virginia blasted “racist” remarks that they believed President Donald Trump made — but they quickly changed their tunes when they discovered that Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden actually uttered them.
What are the details?
Cabot Phillips with
Campus Reform visited the Arlington, Virginia, campus recently, where he discussed the quotes with students.
Phillips presented students with a number of quotes that some people considered to be offensive and racist.
Every student told Phillips that they believed the president was behind the quotes. When they learned that it was Biden who actually made the offending remarks, many of the students were left speechless and shocked.
Some of the quotes included soundbites like “You cannot go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
Another included, “They’re going to put y’all back in chains,” and yet another remark read, “[Y]ou got the first mainstream African-American [former President Barack Obama] who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”
Every last student said that they believed Trump made the remarks.
Here are some of the more interesting responses when the students discovered that all of the remarks belonged to the Democratic presidential candidate:
- “All right, there is is. That’s surprising.”
- “That’s crazy. That’s surprising.”
- “Oh, snap. Oh, that’s bad. that’s bad. They’re all pretty racist, so, not really good.”
- “Ah, that’s surprising.”
- “That’s really surprising. I’ve never heard any of those things before, the fact that you told me that, now I’m like ‘Damn is he really who he say he is?'”
- “I don’t think that’s something I want to really support.”
Here’s what the students said when Phillips asked them if this would impact their vote for Biden.
- “Of course. Well, I mean, like, since I thought all that was Trump, I thought that was going to be a slam dunk, but apparently I’ve got to reconsider that.”
- “Yeah. Definitely, absolutely.”
- “Personally, I have to do my research [now].”
- “Yeah, I think it would.”
- “Yes, absolutely.”
Biden Supporters Shocked By His ‘Racist’ Quotes