A FEW DOLLARS MORE: Biden Unveils $2 TRILLION Infrastructure Bill to Address ‘Environmental Justice’
posted by Hannity Staff – 1 day ago
The Biden administration pulled back the curtain Wednesday on a $2 trillion infrastructure spending package that will “address climate and environmental justice” while “creating millions of good jobs.”
“Addressing infrastructure, climate, & environmental justice together to create millions of good paying jobs is the right combination to meet America’s challenges I’ll work with @POTUS to pass a big, bold bill to drive America forward for decades to come,” posted Sen. Schumer on social media.
Addressing infrastructure, climate, & environmental justice together to create millions of good paying jobs is the right combination to meet America’s challenges
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) March 31, 2021
According to Business Insider, the new funds will go towards:
$621 billion for transportation includes:
- $115 billion for modernizing roads, highways, and bridges
- $20 billion for road safety
- $85 billion for public transit
- $80 billion for Amtrak and freight rail service
- $174 billion for electric vehicles
- $25 billion for airports
- $17 billion for ports
- $20 billion for neighborhoods historically excluded from transportation investments
- $25 billion to fund new projects
- $50 billion for infrastructure resilience, with a special emphasis on more vulnerable areas
- $111 billion for water infrastructure includes:
- $45 billion towards fully eliminating lead pipes through various programs
- $56 billion in loans and grants to help modernize water systems around the country
- $10 billion for monitoring and fixing substances in drinking water
Broadband and power
$100 billion for broadband
- This would build out infrastructure for 100% coverage and would specifically allocate funds for tribal lands
- It would also seek to reduce broadband pricing
$100 billion for power infrastructure includes:
$16 billion towards plugging old wells and cleaning up abandoned mines
$5 billion towards revamping former industrial and energy sites
$10 billion for the creation of a Civilian Climate Corps
Read the full breakdown at Business Insider.
ANOTHER $3 TRILLION! Biden’s Infrastructure Plan to Focus on ‘Climate Change and Income Inequality’
posted by Hannity Staff – 3.29.21
President Biden is poised to unveil another $3 trillion in new federal spending this week to focus on Infrastructure; allocating the cash to help rebuild roads but also fight “climate change and income inequality.”
“The president is expected to introduce up to $3 trillion in spending on efforts to boost the economy, including rebuilding aging infrastructure like highways, bridges and rail lines, and investing in technologies to reduce planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions,” reports CNBC.
“The package may be split between two bills, starting with legislation that incorporates Biden’s Build Back Better agenda and supports his goal to achieve carbon-free power generation by 2035 and net-zero emissions by 2050,” adds the website.
“Electrifying America’s cars and trucks, creating a nationwide smart grid, expanding electricity storage to allow more renewable energy, establishing universal high speed internet — all of these are intended to boost the productivity and competitiveness of the economy, while also cutting emissions,” said one advisor.
“We cannot just settle for what we can agree on without recognizing that this has to be a bill for the future, that we have to recognize the climate crisis,” Nancy Pelosi told reporters.
Read the full report here.