On this continuing question of whether to do a regular Mid-Week in Pictures, I think I’ll alternate a mid-week picture/meme gallery with a more regular Geek in Pictures, which is actually harder to do as good charts and graphs are more episodic.
• Let’s start this week with some political data. I’ve been saying for a while now that the upcoming national election in Hungary in early April is the most important European election of the year (even more than France), because the entire political establishment on two continents is determined to end Viktor Orban’s tenure in office. Thus this recent poll finding is significant. (I wonder how Biden would fare on this question. Actually I don’t wonder at all.)
Biden’s judicial appointments so far. Lesson: White males need not apply. In fact males in general need not apply. Pretty much the ruling leftist dogma at the moment.
Look out below! Biden’s RCP public approval average has dipped below 40% for the first time:
News you can use:
When you hear leftists caterwauling about “neoliberalism,” answer with this chart:
• Let’s do COVID and related health issues now. Let’s start with a great depiction of how the “laptop class” has fared under COVID, versus lower-income groups that liberals claim to be concerned about:
I’ve posted this next one before, but useful to remind people of the differences in risk tolerance among Americans, and why Democrats can’t relax the COVID lockdown/masks-forever disposition without angering a large amount of its base that it has been teaching for 50 years that they have a right to expect a zero-risk world courtesy of your government.
• Energy: After years of CO2 emissions declines under Trump, coal-fired emissions have jumped under Biden. Wonder if any greenies will notice.
Related: note the sudden U-turn back down under Biden.
• Some reminders of the importance of stable families:
• Miscellaneous, starting with more evidence of why media and entertainment professions are horrible human beings:
And finally. . .