Isaiah Metz, the 22-year-old man
accused of raping 4-year-old twins, was briefly on the loose after attacking two police officers and fleeing from a New York City homeless shelter, the New York Post reported Tuesday.

Authorities captured him later that night in nearby Yonkers.

What’s a brief history here?

Metz, who was living with his Pennsylvania foster family at the time of the purported sexual assaults, is said to have raped his 4-year-old foster sisters over a period of time, incidents that reportedly took place as late as July 2021.

Authorities arrested Metz on March 30 and charged him with 115 counts related to the disturbing allegations, including counts of rape of an underage child, involuntary deviant sexual intercourse with a child, aggravated indecent assault, sexual abuse of children, possession of child pornography, and more.

It was not immediately clear at the time based on court records where Metz was initially being held or whether he had been granted bail.

The Villager, however, reported that law enforcement officials said Metz had been on the run after his late March arrest.

If convicted on all charges, Metz could be sentenced to 1,000 years in prison.

What’s happening now?

Police tracked Metz to a Midtown homeless shelter during the early hours of Tuesday morning, but Metz evaded capture after attacking the responding officers.

The outlet reported that Metz was at the Antonio Olivieri Drop-In Center when police showed up to arrest him around 4:15 a.m. local time.

Metz was said to have put up a fight and punched officers in the head multiple times, biting at least one of them on the arm before fleeing on foot.

Responding officers were transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and were subsequently released. They are expected to recover from the assault.

On Wednesday, the Post reported that authorities in Yonkers captured Metz late Tuesday evening after tracking him down and subduing him with a Taser.

The outlet noted that he was briefly hospitalized before authorities transported him to the Midtown South Precinct.

The Villager later reported that Metz was “all smiles” as authorities walked him out of the precinct on Wednesday and that he blew a kiss to waiting reporters.

He faces additional charges in connection with the assault on the officers.

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...