https://conservativebrief.com/twitter-4-62829/

Advertisement


OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author’s opinion.


The CEO of Twitter has offered insight into whether or not he thinks billionaire Elon Musk’s deal to buy the social media giant will go through after the SpaceX and Tesla founder said on the platform Friday the deal was “on hold.”

“We announced changes to our leadership team and operations yesterday. Changes impacting people are always hard. And some have been asking why a ‘lame-duck’ CEO would make these changes if we’re getting acquired anyway. The short answer is very simple,” Parag Agrawal wrote on Twitter.

Advertisement

“While I expect the deal to close, we need to be prepared for all scenarios and always do what’s right for Twitter. I’m accountable for leading and operating Twitter, and our job is to build a stronger Twitter every day,” he continued.

“No one at Twitter is working just to keep the lights on. We take pride in our work. Regardless of the company’s future ownership, we’re here improving Twitter as a product and business for customers, partners, shareholders, and all of you,” the CEO continued.

Advertisement

“People have also asked: why manage costs now vs after close? Our industry is in a very challenging macro environment – right now. I won’t use the deal as an excuse to avoid making important decisions for the health of the company, nor will any leader at Twitter,” he noted further.

“So what can you expect from me going forward? I’m still focused on doing the job, and that includes making hard decisions as needed. I will continue to embrace the deep complexities of our service and our business. And you can expect more change for the better,” wrote Agrawal.

Advertisement

“I will also try to bring more transparency to the work that we do. You won’t see tweets from me on the ‘topic of the day’ or the loudest sound bite, but rather on the ongoing, continuous, and challenging work our teams are doing to improve the public conversation on Twitter,” said.

Early Friday, Musk turned heads when he indicated that the deal was going to be paused pending an assessment of how many accounts are bot accounts.

“Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users,” he wrote.

But hours later, he added: “Still committed to acquisition.”

Advertisement

“Twitter Inc estimated in a filing on Monday that false or spam accounts represented fewer than 5% of its monetizable daily active users during the first quarter,” Reuters reported.

“The social media company had 229 million users who were served advertising in the first quarter,” Reuters added.

Advertisement

“The disclosure came days after Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk, who has inked a deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion, tweeted that one of his priorities would be to remove “’spam bots’ from the platform,” the report continued.

Former President Donald Trump, whose own social media platform, Truth Social, launched earlier this year, suggested Friday after Musk’s ‘on hold’ tweet that the world’s richest man would not go through with the purchase.

“There is no way Elon Musk is going to buy Twitter at such a ridiculous price, especially since realizing it is a company largely based on BOTS or Spam Accounts,” Trump wrote on Friday. “Fake anyone?”

Advertisement

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...