Pro-abortion women are threatening to go on a sex strike following the U.S. Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade. However, pro-life Americans exposed a major flaw in the abortion ultimatum by liberals. In a rare instance, pro-life Americans completely agree with pro-abortion activists for them to practice abstinence.
The hashtags #SexStrike and #Abstinence trended on Twitter this weekend.
Here are just some of the dozens of sex strike threats made by pro-abortion women on Twitter:
- “Sex Strike starting immediately. No sex with cis straight conservative men. No sex with men who aren’t supporting our rights and fighting for this to be fixed. No sex until Roe vs. Wade is viewed as a constitutional right.”
- “I live in New York and I am DOUBLE FURIOUS with the Supreme Court . I want to find people who are coordinating a mass sex strike . That is our power.”
- “I’ve had the urge to scream at the top of my lungs all day today.. and if you don’t know or understand why.. you’re probably part of the problem. I say we go on a sex strike.”
- “Sex strike. Work strike. Spending strike. We’re not going to f*** you. We’re not doing your menial less-paid jobs. We’re not cleaning up your s**t. We’re not buying ANYTHING in your stores. You want to flex on women? Okay motherf***ers.”
- “If i have no right to my body, men have no right to it either #SexStrike.”
- “Womxn! Calling for a national #sexstrike No sex with men until women’s rights are codified by law #Allmen #Underhiseye.”
- “Perhaps a #sexstrike (also known as #abstinence) would help the men folk to be all in on this #womensrights issue.”
- “In protest of the overturning of Roe V Wade every unmarried woman should go on a sex strike, stand up for what you believe in.”
- “I just feel like if women went on a worldwide sex strike we could get a lot of stuff changed for our benefit.”
- “They actually f***ing did it. They overturned Roe. Ladies, sex strike. Get all the plan B you can. The United States is a horror show. @USSupremeCourt You’re a joke. Useless. You are not for the American people AT ALL. I hope you never have another peaceful day in your lives.”
However, pro-life Americans pointed out why the sex strike proposal completely backfires on liberals:
- “Do all these women who say they’re going on a sex strike realize that they’ve now solved their abortion problem?”
- “That moment when you realize if you go on #SexStrike you won’t need an abortion.”
- “Nicely done ladies! Abstaining from sex prevents an unwanted pregnancy and abortion.”
- “To people tweeting this, your terms are acceptable. We actually have no issue with you taking responsibility for once in your lives and not just having meaningless sex that ends with you taking an innocent human life.”
- “I don’t understand the logic behind going on a #sexstrike. Who exactly are you hurting by doing this aside from yourself and your partner? And if you love abortions the world is probably better off if you don’t have sex anyway.”
- “I am wondering if these ladies recognize that their pro-choice/abortion husbands would be the victims, while the pro-life husband and wives could protest this movement by simply having sex. Too Hilarious!”
- “Dear people with blue hair: You can’t go on a sex strike if no one wants to bang you to begin with.”
Last month, “The View” host Joy Behar called on women to go on a sex strike to protest against a possible overturning of Roe v. Wade by the Supreme Court, but the proposal by the 79-year-old was widely lampooned.
In 2021, 76-year-old Bette Midler threatened a sex strike, and that ultimatum was also mocked severely.
In 2019, actress Alyssa Milano proposed a sex strike until women are given their bodily autonomy back, but it blew up in her face.