For 25 years, WND has boldly brought you the news that really matters. If you appreciate our Christian journalists and their uniquely truthful reporting and analysis, please help us by becoming a WND Insider!
As if the characters running for office weren’t arousing enough on the serious political issues of the day, the 2022 campaign season is now getting physical with the mention of male body parts.
Case in point is Kari Lake, the GOP candidate for Arizona governor, who is firm in her support for fellow Republicans, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and former President Donald Trump.
In a video posted on Twitter, Lake vocally praised the testicular fortitude of DeSantis, not shying away from mentions of the male reproductive elements.
TRENDING: Armor All for America
“I just got to spend time with him. I love the guy. He is fantastic. He is gutsy. The guy has bigger … ” Lake said, stopping herself amid laughter from the audience.
“Wait, let me think about how I want to word this. My staff always says, ‘Whatever you do, do not say balls.’ So I’m not gonna say it. That guy has a backbone made of steel.”
“I’ll tell you what he’s got. I don’t know if you’d heard of this. He’s got ‘BDE.’ Anybody know what that means? Ask your kids about it later.
Is Kari Lake’s use of the BDE acronym to describe Ron DeSantis and President Trump offensive to you?
0% (0 Votes)
0% (0 Votes)
“I call it ‘Big DeSantis Energy.’ Right? He’s got the same kind of BDE that President Trump has. And, frankly, he’s got the same kind of BDE that we want all of our elected leaders to have.”
— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) August 15, 2022
The Urban Dictionary explains, “BDE is the acronym for ‘Big D**k Energy. If you have confidence but aren’t cocky about it, you have BDE.”
“Yep, she went there,” noted J.D. Rucker at the Liberty Daily.
“Twitter exploded over #BDE, of course. That’s what happens when someone has a backbone of steel that allows them to tell it like it is. We need MORE of that in government, not less. It’s how we truly make America great again.”
Online reaction includes both support and disdain:
- “Omg. Hahaha. I love how she says very unpoliticianny things.”
- “That’s cute and all but I’d rather not fall to the left’s level.”
- “Extremely cringe.”
- “DeSantis for President. Kari Lake for Vice. No disrespect to Trump but we need new and young blood.”
- “This is not the respectable Republican Party I grew up with. What a shame. This is disgusting.”
- “If this offends you, it’s because you don’t have it 🤣”
- “Is this supposed to make her look bad? Because now I just wish I was able to vote for her. It also makes me want to vote DeSantis in 2024.”
- “If that means what the comments say that’s disgusting. We can’t sink the the standards we fight against.”
- “Wow. Other than being a challenge if you are tailoring their pants, what impact does that have on or for any of us?”
- “And how will taxpayers benefit from that special feature?”
Follow Joe on Twitter @JoeKovacsNews
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].