https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/schumer-predicts-gop-will-likely-win-house-says-pelosi-trouble?utm_source=justthenews.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=external-news-aggregators

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told Democrats that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is “in trouble” and that the party was likely to lose control of the lower chamber in the midterms.

Schumer was reportedly dining with six other Democratic senators at Washington, D.C.’s Trattoria Alberto and was overheard by other restaurant patrons, according to Punchbowl News.

Present at the dinner were Democratic Sens. Chris Coons (Del.), Mark Kelly (Ariz.), Tom Carper (Del.), Chris Van Hollen (Md.), John Hickenlooper (Colo.) and Dick Durbin (Ill.).

The majority leader told his peers there was “a 60% chance we hold the Senate, and a 40% chance we hold the House.” Pelosi predicted on Tuesday that Democrats would shore up control of the lower chamber and gain seats during the midterm elections.

Schumer also reportedly said he expected former President Donald Trump to mount a 2024 presidential bid and blamed former New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo for a botched redistricting effort that failed to deliver an advantageous position for the party.

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...