https://bonginoreport.com/top-stories/nbc-pulls-explosive-paul-pelosi-report-then-goes-silent

NBC News caused a firestorm on social media after it retracted its explosive reporting on last week’s attack of Paul Pelosi.

On Friday’s installment of “Today,” NBC News national correspondent Miguel Almaguer went viral for stunning revelations of what apparently transpired when police arrived to Pelosi’s San Francisco home. 

“Sources familiar with what unfolded in the Pelosi residence now revealing when officers responded to the ‘high priority call,’ they were seemingly unaware they’ve been called to the home of the Speaker of the House,” Almaguer told viewers. “After a ‘knock and announce,’ the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or tried to leave his home but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police. It’s unclear if the 82-year-old was already injured or what his mental state was, say sources.”

PAUL PELOSI ATTACK BODYCAM, 911 CALL REMAIN UNDISCLOSED AS SUSPECT DAVID DEPAPE DUE BACK IN COURT

Paul and Nancy Pelosi on April 25, 2015, in Washington, D.C.; Image shows FBI agents outside the home of Nancy and Paul Pelosi on Oct. 28, 2022.
(Dimitrios Kambouris/VF15/WireImage ; Fox News)

“According to court documents, when the officer asked what was going on, defendant smiled and said ‘everything’s good’ but instantaneously a struggle ensued as police clearly saw David DePape strike Paul Pelosi in the head with a hammer. After tackling the suspect, officers rushed to Mr. Pelosi who was lying in a pool of blood,” Almaguer continued. 

PAUL PELOSI RETURNS HOME FROM HOSPITAL DAYS AFTER HAMMER ATTACK

Almaguer concluded his report by telling “Today” co-host Craig Melvin “we still don’t know exactly what unfolded between Mr. Pelosi and the suspect for the 30 minutes they were alone inside that house before police arrive. Officials who are investigating this matter would not go into further details about these new details.”

NBC News retracted its report from correspondent Miguel Almaguer about stunning details from the Paul Pelosi attack on Nov. 4, 2022.

NBC News retracted its report from correspondent Miguel Almaguer about stunning details from the Paul Pelosi attack on Nov. 4, 2022.
(Screenshot/NBC News)

The report made the rounds on Twitter with critics saying the revelations raised more questions than answers regarding what occurred at the Pelosi residence. 

However, not long after it was shared online, NBC News removed the report from its website and on social media. 

BILL MAHER: THE PAUL PELOSI ATTACK IS LATEST IN THE ‘COLD CIVIL WAR’

NBC News issued an editor’s note on its website, reading “This piece has been removed from publication because it did not meet NBC News reporting standards.”

It is unclear what specifically from Almaguer’s report did not meet the network’s “reporting standards.”

NBC News did not immediately respond to Fox News’ requests for comment. 

Paul and Nancy Pelosi attend the Pre-GRAMMY Gala. (Right) David DePape

Paul and Nancy Pelosi attend the Pre-GRAMMY Gala. (Right) David DePape
(Michael Short/ San Francisco Chronicle)

Paul Pelosi was released from the hospital on Thursday, nearly one week after the shocking attack at his home. The 82-year-old underwent emergency surgery on a fractured skull.

DePape was charged with multiple crimes, including attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and elder abuse. 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The 42-year-old illegal immigrant from Canada allegedly wanted to hold House Speaker Nancy Pelosi hostage and threatened to break “her kneecaps” if he caught her lying, according to court documents.

Police recovered zip ties in Pelosi’s bedroom, found glass broken at the rear of the house, tape, rope, gloves and a journal, according to the FBI affidavit.

Fox News’ Michael Ruiz contributed to this report. 

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...