Gunfire erupted early Saturday on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, leaving one person dead and two others injured.
The shooting occurred around 1:20 a.m. on the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Cherokee Avenue, Officer Norma Eisenman of the Los Angeles Police Department’s media relations division told Urban Hollywood 411.
The three victims were described as men in their 30s. They were coming out of a building when someone opened fire.
One of the victims was pronounced deceased at the scene. Paramedics rushed the other two to a nearby hospital, and they were said to be in stable condition.
Related Story: Here’s Who Will Get a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2023
As of Sunday morning, no arrests had been made and there was no description available of the gunman, the LAPD said.
The neighborhood is filled with tour bus companies, nightclubs, bars and restaurants, including the popular Musso & Frank Grill.
The shooting prompted police to shut down the area as they collected evidence in the case.
A local business owner expressed concern about the violence.
“I was surprised that it happened here so close to my business. There’s a lot of tourism at night at one in the morning. There’s a lot of people roaming around in the city,” Art Mendoza, who runs Happy Hollywood Tours, told local news station KTLA-TV.
In August, a teenager was fatally shot a few blocks away at Hollywood and Sycamore.
That shooting also happened around 1 a.m. The LAPD said at the time the violence erupted when the teenager and a male individual got into an argument with a group of people. The teen and the man reportedly fired shots at the group and the teen was somehow struck down. Police said there was a handgun next to the teenager. Paramedics rushed him to an area hospital, where he died.
Watch the local news report below on the Jan. 7 shooting.