Liberals hate Trump, of course, for various reasons. Liberal elites hate him because he represents a threat to their power. The common liberal hates him because they are told to by their masters, the liberal elite. Never Trumpers hate him because they are liberal Republicans, Washington establishment cronies, and he also represents a danger to their positions. Intelligent, unbiased people, on the other hand, look at his record to see what he did for America and make their decision based on that.
Let me provide some more accomplishments of Mr. Trump and you decide.
- For the first time in nearly 70 years, the United States became a net energy exporter.
- The United States was energy independent, not having to beg our enemies to produce oil and natural gas for our consumption.
- The United States became the number one producer of oil and natural gas in the world.
- Natural gas production reached a record high of 34.9 quads in 2019, following record-high production in 2018 and 2017.
- Approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines.
- Opened up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska for oil and gas leasing.
- Renewable energy production and consumption both reached record highs in 2019.
The average price of a gallon of gasoline, while it varied around the country, was far lower than it has been under Mr. Biden, and the Ukrainian war is not the only or even major reason. Gas prices were going up long before Putin invaded Ukraine simply because Biden cut oil and gas production. Less of a commodity will raise its price. That is, of course, what Mr. Biden intended because he wants America on “renewables” to placate his “green” supporters.
- Increased choice for consumers by promoting competition in the individual health insurance market leading to lower premiums for three years in a row.
- Under the Trump Administration, more than 90 percent of the counties have multiple options on the individual insurance market to choose from.
- Eliminated costly Obamacare taxes, including the health insurance tax, the medical device tax, and the “Cadillac tax.”
- Lowered drug prices for the first time in 51 years.
- Launched an initiative to stop global freeloading in the drug market.
- Signed first-ever executive order to affirm that it is the official policy of the United States Government to protect patients with pre-existing conditions.
- Passed Right To Try to give terminally ill patients access to lifesaving cures.
- Signed an executive order to fight kidney disease with more transplants and better treatment.
- Signed into law a $1 billion increase in funding for critical Alzheimer’s research.
- Accelerated medical breakthroughs in genetic treatments for Sickle Cell disease.
These measures are very important, especially as one gets older and the risk of health problems increases. The federal government has made an absolute mess of the American healthcare system. Trump’s tweaks won’t solve the greatest problems but did assist many in need.
- Nominated and confirmed over 230 Federal judges.
- Confirmed 54 judges to the United States Courts of Appeals, making up nearly a third of the entire appellate bench.
- Appointed Justice Neil Gorsuch to replace Justice Antonin Scalia.
- Appointed Justice Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy.
- Appointed Justice Amy Coney Barrett to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Liberals hate these actions, but a court system that respects the Constitution is necessary for a constitutional republic that believes in checks and balances. The Left, of course, doesn’t believe in either a constitutional republic or checks and balances. They want all power to the Party (Democratic).
- Invested over $38 billion in clean water infrastructure.
- In 2019, America achieved the largest decline in carbon emissions of any country on earth. Since withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord, the United States has reduced carbon emissions more than any nation.
- In FY 2019 the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) cleaned up more major pollution sites than any year in nearly two decades.
- The USMCA guarantees the strongest environmental protections of any trade agreement in history.
- Signed the Save Our Seas Act to protect our environment from foreign nations that litter our oceans with debris and developed the first-ever Federal strategic plan to address marine litter.
One of the major accusations liberals throw at Republicans is “you Republicans don’t care anything about the environment.” My far-left, hate-America brother gave that to me one time and I just laughed at him. It is demonstrably untrue, and Mr. Trump’s actions prove it. There is such a thing as “responsible environmentalism,” and there is “radical environmentalism.” Conservatives (“conservation,” wise use of resources) believe in the former; the Left, accepting every ridiculous environmental theory that comes from MSNBC and Hollywood, believes in the latter. Mr. Trump’s actions were good and wise for the environment.
A third article in this series will provide more Trump administration accomplishments and will point interested readers to Internet locations where they can learn much more.
Don’t miss out on some good American reading from the good ol’ days. My western novels, Whitewater and River Bend are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Eliva.com. A third western, Allie’s Dilemma, is available for Kindle only. And read some different posts on my blog at thailandlewis.blogspot.com.