Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy has finally broken his silence on his decision to release tens of thousands of hours of January 6 U.S. Capitol surveillance footage; the tapes “belong to the American public,” McCarthy says.
“I promised,” McCarthy told The New York Times. “I was asked in the press about these tapes, and I said they do belong to the American public. I think sunshine lets everybody make their own judgment.”
From The Daily Wire:
The speaker said last month he was looking to release the tapes because of the “politicization” he believed had been fostered by former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and the January 6 Committee, which focused heavily on former President Donald Trump in its investigation and final report, but McCarthy did not divulge how he was planning to do so.
Axios first reported on Monday that McCarthy shared with Carlson 41,000 hours of surveillance footage from January 6, 2021, the day a crowd of people entered the U.S. Capitol, disrupting lawmakers who were meeting to certify President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory. A Fox News spokesperson told The Daily Wire that the report from Axios was accurate.
More over at the Daily Wire:
Kevin McCarthy Breaks Silence On Giving January 6 Tapes To Tucker Carlson https://t.co/phNj2mWhcy pic.twitter.com/mEnT1mhfDe
— Daily Wire News (@DailyWireNews) February 23, 2023